Last night, my friends & I went out to watch a friend’s band, Mama’s Marmalade, perform in a small town’s town hall. I hadn’t done a face of makeup in a while so I thought this was the perfect opportunity. I used the Morphe 35W palette for this eye look.
I have pretty clear skin so I tend to stay away from heavy face makeup, so I did my basic face makeup ~again~
- I always start my makeup with my Vaseline lip therapy cocoa butter lip balm.
- Maybelline Age Rewind concealer under my eyes, on and around the tip of my nose, a little on my chin and upper lip.
- I used the Smashbox 24-hour eyeshadow primer on my eyes and while that dried I,
- I contoured my face with my (light) Smashbox contour kit, the contour color under my cheekbones, on my jawline, and on the sides of my nose.
- I used the highlight color from that Smashbox trio and put it on my cheekbones & tip of the nose, then put my Becca highlighter in Moonstone and put that on top of the highlight that was on my cheekbones.
- I used color #1 all over my lid and then blended it into the crease as my base color
- Then, I put color #2 all over the base color and into the crease using a fluffy blending brush
- I put a little bit of #3 into my crease with a fluffy brush and used the tip of my pointer finger to put some on my outer corner
- Put a little bit of #4 onto the fluffy blending brush and concentrate that on the center and outer parts of the crease
- Use our pointer finger to place #5 onto your outer corner
- I use a small brush to apply the highlighter color from the Smashbox trio and put that on my inner corner, I like to try and blend it out into the center of my lid for a gradient effect
- I like to layer a little bit of the Becca highlighter right into the inner corner, and I usually blend this out a little along the inner 1/3 of the lower lashline
- I suck at eyeliner so I used my Jane Iredale black pencil eyeliner and just lightly lined my upper lashline, I like the thinner eyeliner look, just to make my eyelashes look a little more full.
- I used my Covergirl Full Lash Bloom mascara in black, I like to take my time with this and try and make sure my eyelashes are separated, I love this mascara but I think it takes patience and multiple layers to make them long and separated.
- Now I usually kiss the back of my hand to get the excess lip balm off of my lips
- I used my Colourpop Ultra Blotted Lip in Zuma
- Then used the highlighter from the Smashbox trio and put that on my cupid’s bow and on my brow bone.
- If I hadn’t run out of my setting spray this is when I would have sprayed my face.