For my college graduation trip, I chose to travel to London with my family. And one of my favorite parts of a city vacation is researching things to do and places to see. I knew that I absolutely wanted to bring my DSLR camera which meant that I needed a new and larger bag. I wanted to find a purse that was large enough to carry everything I wanted in my carry on but small enough to be used as an everyday purse and also fit my DSLR, and maybe a spare lens.
I researched ~large~ bags that also had a strap that could work as a crossbody. I was stuck between the Fossil Maya Hobo and the Madewell Medium Transport Tote. I really wanted a zipper but I also wanted a wearable color and the only Fossil Maya tote that was reasonably priced was Green. So I ended up purchasing the Madewell Medium Transport tote in English Saddle (this purse does come in a wide range of colors).
The medium transport tote is $158 that has short straps and a long strap, It has a front pocket and a zipper pocket on the inside. I signed up for their free insider program so that I could get free shipping and free monogramming. So if you’re interested in seeing what I brought in this bag as my carry on to London, keep on reading!
- Sudoku: this game somehow makes times flyyyyyy. Also, this book is extremely light and fairly small which is a plus.
- A Cat pouch filled with feminine products: There is nothing worse than your body surprising you with that time of the month and not having feminine products on you. I usually carry a few panty liners, two normal sized pads, two regular tampons, and two light tampons.
- This cat pouch was a gift from one of my best friends when she went to Amsterdam, so I can’t link it.
- My iPad mini: I use this to download Netflix shows and movies because normally the airplane tv quality is crap.
- My Large Glossier pouch:
- Travel sized toothpaste, travel toothbrush & floss: I like to carry these justin case I get motion sickness, or if my luggage gets lost.
- My Birth Control Pills: also in case my luggage gets lost, certainly can’t get these in another country.
- Feminine Wipes: sometimes I just want to freshen up after traveling for hours.
- Vaseline lip balm: I have talked about this product about 100 times but it is my all-time favorite and I bring it everywhere with me.
- My Sunglasses: These are just in here because I forgot to pack them and I didn’t want them to get crushed in my suitcase.
- Nest Indigo Rollerball: this is one of my favorite scents and I like to be able to freshen up when I get off the plane.
- Colourpop Blotted Lip in Drip: This is a nice subtle color that I like to keep in my bag in case I’m looking a little boring and lifeless,
- Crabtree & Evelyn Citron hand lotion: This scent makes me happy and it’s one of my favorite lotions. Never hurts to carry a hand lotion around.
- Pen and Pencil
- My Wallet
- Apple Charger for my iPhone and iPad
- Travel Charger: I realized that I didn’t need this because the plane actually had USB slots on them to charge my iPad and iPhone but it came in handy during the long adventure days in London.
- My Bose Earbuds: these are my all-time favorite earbuds, they are extremely good quality and are very comfortable. Earbuds are always a travel necessity.