So I was Pinteresting DIY Lip Scrubs and they all require at least 4 ingredients & a mini mason jar for aesthetic. I really wanted to wear a matte lipstick (colourpop’s ultra blotted lips) the other day and my lips were not prepared.
I found that mixing a little bit of honey and brown sugar does the trick, or even just brown sugar. It’s quick and you probably already have both of those things in your house. I only mixed enough for one use so that I wouldn’t need to store it or anything.
1. Drink water when you wake up. And throughout the day. I’m terrible at this but I’m trying to make it into a healthy habit.
2. Stretch in the morning.
3. Try not to hit snooze. You’ll be able to move at your own pace so you don’t start your day off on the wrong foot.
4. Clean a little bit of your room, house, apartment. Then you won’t be overwhelmed when trying to tackle it all in one day.
5. Read. Whether it’s a book or newspaper.
6. Go outside. I personally like to drink tea outside or read a book outside. But walking, laying in a hammock are also great ways to get some fresh air.
7. Moisturize. There’s nothing worse than looking down and having flaky skin or having your face feel tight, it’s a quick thing you can do each day to treat yourself.
Every summer for the past few years I’ve been working 40 hours a week (usually in an office), which means waking up early and going to bed early. I tend to eat a lot while at work, I’ve always had a bad habit of eating when I’m bored. So I’ve been trying to do different things to relax and make my days better. Here are some of my favorite things to do…
- I love to shower and slip into some loose clothing. Light a candle, get into bed and I like to read or watch a movie.
- Yoga. My gym offers a class every Thursday, I look forward to it every week. (I want to start watching videos and do it at home, I just need the motivation). I’ve even started stretching before getting ready for work in the morning.
- Bullet Journaling & Planning. It’s not really a bullet journal, I just appreciate and adopted the concept of creating my own layout & adding my own pages for notes and ideas.
- I love to take a walk, I try not to bring headphones when I’m alone so that I can listen to the birds and the barking dogs.
- I don’t do this as often as I’d like to but I have a DSLR camera that I love taking photos with, of people and of landscapes. It really helps you see the true beauty of the places and people around you
- Tea. Drinking tea while snuggling with a blanket is simple yet one of the most comforting parts of my day & week.